Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Advice

Well, today has been one of those days...
This week has brought on a whole new set of challenges and exciting events, but all I can seem to think about is why I'm not where I had pictured myself at, at this point in my life.
I sat at the kitchen counter almost four years ago as a senior in High School trying to figure out what I wanted to do with my life, graduation was fast approaching I had no clue.. I thought then as I sat there with my Mom and she asked me "Alison are you SURE you want to go to beauty school in St. Cloud, is this really what you want. If it is great lets get moving! If not lets figure out what you want." well me being who I am said yes it's exactly what I want, now as I sit here tonight I realize that all I wanted was to move away from home and experience life. I don't do hair well, I don't have a passion for it, I do it for friends and family because I like to help people out don't get me wrong I don't hate it, I just don't feel like I do any of it well. I think I took going to beauty school as an easy way out of college, I could get done in 10months I could get away from home for a while and spread my wings. What I ended up doing was transferring home to a beauty school in Hastings, finishing in a little over a year, moving back in with my parents, worked at a salon in Farmington that didn't last very long or go very well for that matter, finding a job at a salon in Cannon Falls (ending up where I had no intention on returning to ever again) working for a month short of two years, leaving there to work at a fabric store for the most amazing people you could ever ask for to be your boss, and taking care of my nephew and creating a bond so strong with him that NO ONE not even his momma could understand and loving every minuet of every day that I get to spend with the little man in my life.
All of this very long first blog, is all of my thoughts from today because the little man in my life slept most of they day so I was left with just my thoughts. Being stuck with all these thoughts all day long I do what I do when I'm having a rough day.. I message my best friend over facebook, venting to her about all of these things and she gave me the best advice that lifting my spirit and made me see life in a whole new light.
Take it one day at a time, So to sum up my lecture I'm going to tell you to be thankful for where you are in life, don't worry or panic about the choices you made in the past or will make tomorrow because the great thing about life is you can learn from them and they will make u a better person for having gone through that experience.
So my new motto: Take it One Day At a Time, that's what this blog is all about.. giving me a place to vent, journal about the current happenings in my life, and give me something to do.. if you choose to read great, if not totally understandable..
Until Tomorrow.... Alice



No comments:

Post a Comment